Chemicals Maintenance Engineer
Engineering & Science
Company : Albemarle Corporation (India)
Skills : BS in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical)
Desired Expertise : Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience :3+ years
Minimum Education :Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location :Kings Mountain
Job Status :Active / Open
Work Authorization :None
Rockwood Lithium Inc., an Albemarle company, is a well-established company and producer of lithium chemistry based products, has an immediate opening at our Kings Mountain, North Carolina facility for a Maintenance Engineer, in our Chemicals Department. The Kings Mountain facility has been producing profitable products for Rockwood Lithium since the 1950's and continues to be a strategic location for Corporate, R&D and production activities of the company. Kings Mountain, NC is located 25 minutes from the Charlotte Douglas International airport and is well situated close to both major metropolitan areas and rural living locations
The Chemicals Maintenance Engineer will warrant the necessary availability of the machinery for performance of the set operating tasks, establishing and upholding a high safety level in the machinery in accordance with state-of-the-art engineering. The Chemicals Maintenance Engineer will lead a maintenance team including direct reports and outsourced maintenance personnel.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement in ensuring maximum availability of the production machinery for performance of the production tasks in compliance with the statutory provisions, official permits and Rockwood Lithium regulations applying to the area of responsibility.
- Prepare and perform repairs, inspections, maintenance and modifications to the machinery in compliance with the necessary safety standard and state-of-the-art engineering as well as monitoring the entrusted tasks in terms of deadlines, costs and professional performance.
- Keep the machine documentation as verification of the prevailing condition of the machinery, in the context of approvals-related obligations. Maintain documents of performed maintenance, instructions for particular jobs of work with special risks and other verification necessary as a result of statutory obligations.
- Responsible for project work in the framework of completing minor projects, acting as project leader in the project context.
- Involvement in the development, planning and selection of new methods and procedures for production and compliance with the required product quality at the lowest possible costs.
- Initiate necessary projects with regard to occupational safety, technical safety and environmental protection on detecting deviations.
- Close collaboration on the same management level, and constant coordination with the line manager regarding issues affecting operations.
- Take the initiative for solving recurrent problems regarding the technical equipment.
- Organization and updating of spare parts provisioning.
- Provide support for outside contractors.
- Responsible for staff management in the framework of the valid organization.
- Responsible for coordinating work that involves external workers in compliance with the specific conditions (risk potential).
- Functional authority to issue instructions to the workshops.
- Responsible for complying with the stipulated budget for minor projects.
- Responsible for handling resources carefully.
- Responsible for complying with the maintenance budget.
Relationship with Other Departments:
The incumbent shall show initiative and will work together with the other company representatives at Rockwood Lithium to ensure the incumbent's necessary level of own know-how in terms of the relevant statutory provisions, instructions, directives and other documents.
- 3+ years' experience in maintenance of chemical plants, particularly with a mechanical aptitude
- Strong background in chemical manufacturing
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to find innovative solutions to problems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Educational
Requirements BS in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical)